- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a Full Time, Permanent; Inside Salesperson based in Tyldesley near Manchester, England for an immediate start.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, thriving, dynamic, fast-paced company full of variety. You'll be lucky enough to join a highly successful team, where you'll be financially rewarded for the hard work you put in.
Reporting to the Sales Manager your role will be to achieve and surpass targeted levels of business, both turnover and profit, from existing (UK) customers and also to support their Key Account Manager in the development and service of key accounts. To ensure that time is focused on developing new revenue streams within the product and service portfolio whilst retaining existing levels of spend, profit and number of accounts.
- Work within branch sales structure to maximise sales within their own customer portfolio of existing customers and support Key Account sales.
- Continually develop a solid customer base which provides an acceptable return on capital employed and ensures minimum GP targets are maintained.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed targets.
- Agree sales and profitability targets with the sales/regional manager and achieve / exceed these within the timescales set. Regularly reviews performance against target and plans action accordingly.
- Plan and prioritise activities to maximise productivity, in accordance with company sales activity programme and targets.
- Build a multi-market business perspective and develop relevant market knowledge, to achieve a wide range of cross-selling opportunities through added value and processes.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries in accordance with company protocols.
- Act as an Exemplar salesperson and present a professional image, behaving in line with corporate values both internally and externally at all times.
- Respond tactically to changes in market conditions and core product performance, identifying trends in order to maximise opportunities and acting quickly to address any issues, through agreement with Sales Manager/Regional Manager.
- Maintaining accurate branch customer records.
- Handle customer complaints / disputes and investigates thoroughly to establish the cause. Seeks management advice on and takes appropriate remedial action as necessary.
- Adapt their style according to the needs of the audience to maximise the effectiveness of their sales / closing approach.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with customers. Builds trust and confidence with the customer by acting with integrity, exceeding expectations and keeping promises.
- Negotiate effectively with customers, balancing the customer's needs with the commercial requirements of the company. Able to pre-empt and overcome objections.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitors' capabilities, standards, strengths and weaknesses and adapt sales approach accordingly.
- Work effectively and harmoniously with the warehouse, distribution, accounts and administrative functions. Responsible for tackling any issues that arise regarding this.
What's in it for you?
Our client's very competitive salary (discussed at interview and dependant on experience) plus up to 25 days holiday + bank holidays, health insurance & share scheme etc.
To apply for the role or to find out further information, please do not hesitate to send your CV via the APPLY button below. Only those applicants who meet the criteria specified above will be contacted.
Not quite for you? If you know of anyone that maybe suitable for the role, or interested, please forward our details on to them.
Who are PRL?
PRL Recruitment (formerly Sales Placement) serves businesses seeking to fill any roles. This includes Sales, Marketing & Management across FMCG, IT, ICT, B2B, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Sales Construction, Advertising and Automotive fields plus many more. We pride ourselves on matching great talent within any organisation.
We are the No.1 Recruitment Consultancy, operating on a whole Island basis. We remain the "go to" recruiter for high calibre talent for the Island of Ireland.